Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Go With the Flow

Magnet # 62:  Georgia Aquarium Clownfish

Material:  Ceramic, Pewter

Purchased By:  Me

Well, I had some fun up in and around Atlanta this weekend.  I arrived at my friend Lindsay's house near Macon, Georgia on Friday afternoon excited to attend what she calls a Stock Party (a get together where photos are taken for artistic reference), only to find out it had been canceled.  Seems there was bad weather, maybe even lightening, forecasted for the area we'd planned to attend for the shoot, and we thought it was best not to risk it.  But since I was there anyway, she and I figured we'd have an adventure.  We decided to take a trip to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, which is the world's largest aquarium and opened in 2005.  Lindsay had been before, but it was my first visit.

While I have to say the Georgia Aquarium was very impressive, as promised, Lindsay and I were nonetheless a bit disappointed.  We paid the full admission price of around thirty dollars, only to find out inside that three of the Aquarium's top exhibits were unavailable to the public, partly due to construction.  The beluga whales were missing from their tank, and we didn't even get to see the sea lion or penguin habitats.  It would have been nice to have been warned on-site that this was the case before we bought our tickets and paid full price for an incomplete visit - we felt a bit jipped.  And, AAA members, be warned:  unlike other sites that give AAA discounts, the Georgia Aquarium will not give you one at the ticket window.  I was told you'd have to go to AAA to get it, which didn't help me out much at the time.  If you do want to see more about them, their website is http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/.

Regardless, we had fun at the Georgia Aquarium, where we did see other aquatic creatures like stingrays, piranhas, and clownfish hiding in sea anemone like the ones on this magnet by 29 Tonight.  Afterwards, we did some shopping around Atlanta before we headed north of the city to hang out with some friends.  We finally got back at midnight, exhausted, but in a good way.  The next day, we took it easy and I got to know Lindsay's adorable six-month old daughter a bit better.  Her husband, Trenton, helped me out with some of the tweaks I'd been wanting to make to this blog - I'm so grateful to him!  I finally headed back in the afternoon.  It was a great weekend, and we're definitely planning on having another outing sometime soon.

2 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful getting to spend time with you this past weekend. Looking forward to more adventures with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! Hey - you now have your own blog here - awesome!

    ReplyDelete