Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Drop That Meat


Magnet # 50:  Flounder with Flower

Material:  Metal, Paper, Mylar Shell

Purchased By:  Me

Tomorrow is World Vegetarian Day.  So give Flounder here and his buddies a break - or at least consider it.

I'm not much of a carnivore.  The meat I eat the most of is definitely fish.  I love salmon, shrimp, and crab, especially if they come in a sushi roll.  On occasion I'll have spaghetti and meatballs or maybe once a year I'll eat ribs, but I can't even tell you the last time I had a steak, hamburger, or hot dog.  Those are just too much meat for me and they usually wind up making me sick because my stomach isn't used to dealing with them.  So, maybe I'm a little semi-veg.  There are times when I've gone for a week or so without eating any meat.  And red meat isn't the healthiest food for folks to eat, so I'm fine with my natural inclinations against it.

Regardless of my preferences, I do support my favorite carnivorous television hosts, Bourdain, Zimmern, and Richman in their pursuits.  Watching them eat loads of meat on every episode of their respective shows is downright entertaining.  And I likewise have no beef (hee) with those who follow in their footsteps.  But, you hardcore meat lovers know all of that meat you stuff down just isn't completely good for you.  So think about taking a break, even if it is just for a day.

2 comments:

  1. I normally have a vegetarian Thursday, so I celebrated with true vegetarians on their day. It makes me feel like part of a group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I even managed to, myself, with meatless pasta and pizza.

    ReplyDelete