Wednesday, August 12, 2009

They're Full of Surprises



Magnet # 8: I Love Connecticut

Material:  Metal, Paper, Mylar Shell

Purchased by:  Catherine

Well, I'm pretty sure today is my friend Catherine's b-day  (if not, it's pretty close to).  Yep, she bought me this magnet.  And she's from Connecticut.  She loved Savannah and lived here for awhile until health issues forced her to move back home.  I sure miss her.

And if it's Catherine's birthday, it's also her twin Jennifer's birthday.  Jen introduced Catherine to Savannah and to me.  It was so much fun hanging out with the two of them!  Of course, then Jen graduated, moved to Miami, and got married.  Then Catherine moved back.  Then she moved away again (really, you had to be there).

"We're Full of Surprises" was Connecticut's old slogan, which was abandoned after people kept substituting another word at the end.  I have passed through Connecticut on the way up to Maine back in the late 90's.  I didn't get to spend much time there, though.  So I'm hoping someday I'll get a chance to visit Catherine there, and maybe see some of the neighboring states.  Who knows, perhaps Jen might even be able to make it up.  'Til then, I'll have to settle for chatting on the phone every once in awhile and wishing them a Happy Birthday - squared - on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment