Saturday, August 15, 2009

Taste of India





Magnet # 10:  Famous Places of India

Material: Resin

Purchased by: The Spinks Family

So today, back in 1947, India gained its independence from British rule, realizing the work of Mahatma Ghandi and his followers.  My parents visited the country earlier this year, but had to cut their trip short.  I'm so lucky their traveling companions were able to get a couple of magnets on my behalf, including this one.  What a beauty!

On the back row, from left to right, are the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur, the Taj Mahal in Agra, and the Golden Temple in Amritsar.  A statue of Vishnu and Lakshmi, the Red Fort in Delhi, and a few statues of Hindu deities I wasn't able to find are on the front (if you know who they are, please pass it along!).  This magnet truly is a sample of some of the greatest monuments and works of art India has to offer.

India is a country I'd like to visit someday.  I just love their clothes and aesthetics.  I also enjoy their food (Tandoori anything rocks).

No comments:

Post a Comment