Monday, August 17, 2009

Purple Perfection



Magnet # 12:  Purple Crayola Crayon

Material:  Plastic

Purchased by:  Me

I bought this one eight years ago, this month.  And how do I know this?  Well, it was a birthday gift.  Kinda.  One of my co-workers at the office I was working for at the time got sweetly overzealous and made me a special birthday name tag and attached a dollar to it, hoping others would do the same.  And at the end of the day I had... one dollar.

Wanting to immortalize her kindness, I stopped by Books-A-Million one the way home to pick up this magnet, on which I'd had my eye.  Not only was it purple, my absolute most fave color, but it was only one dollar.  And considering my discount card cancelled out the sales tax, her dollar was exchanged exactly for this magnet - nice!

Yes, my birthday is this month.  I was planning on posting this blog on my exact date-of-birth, but then I realized it might not just be harmless magnet collectors and friends reading what I post here.  And it's better to err on the side of caution in these posts.  So, HB to me - sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment