Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nutty as a Squirrel


Magnet #2:  Squirrel on Charlotte Fence

Material:  Wood, Laminated Paper

Purchased By:  Me

How cute is this little guy!  I bought this one a couple weeks of ago at the Charlotte Airport while running from one gate to another.  I have traveled in North Carolina, but I'm not sure if I have been to Charlotte, so I was happy to have a chance to get a couple of Charlotte magnets.

One benefit I've found to collecting magnets is that, while other travelers are often upset by layovers and the lack of direct flights, it is a great shopping opportunity for a magnet junkie like myself.  It's like a bonus spot (or spots) between Point A and Point B.  Of course, there are exceptions.  Just the other day, I was getting my oil changed when I overheard another customer lamenting about how he had recently been held over two days in the Miami Airport for what would have been a 5 1/2 hour drive to Jacksonville.  Ugh!  That's waaay more time than I would ever need to buy magnets.

In this case, I had about 30 minutes to buy North Carolina magnets both ways switching planes on a round trip to Kentucky.  So I ended up getting nutty as a squirrel, so to speak, and kinda just grabbing magnets.  When I got home, I realized I had gotten a couple more than I really needed.  Better erring on the side of more magnets?  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment