Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bear With It




Magnet # 17:  Happy Canadian Polar Bear

Material:  Rubber

Purchased By:  Tammy

This one is just too adorable!  One of my Dad's colleagues found out about my collection and sent me six Canadian magnets, including this cutie.  And I never thanked her properly.  So, Tammy, thank you so much for the wonderful magnets - you have no idea how happy, or surprised, I was with them.  They all hold special places on my fridge.  And you rock!

Well, I decided to use this one today because yesterday was a little bit of a letdown.  And I had to grin and bear.  My friend and I had been talking about a day trip down to St. Augustine for awhile.  And when I got to her house at seven a.m. on the weekend (I cannot tell you the last time I left my home on the weekend before I leave for work), she told me there was an 80% chance of rain down there today.  And there was rain all along the I-95 corridor down there.  Considering St. Augustine is mainly outside, we would have been drenched all day.  And then driven home in the rain.  So we bailed.  I was bummed.  Heck, I was planning on posting a shiny new St. Augustine magnet today!

But we decided to have fun, anyway.  We went to a terrific breakfast place that's packed on the weekend and were some of the only customers there because it was so early.  And the breakfast was delicious - I had cherry crapes.  Then we headed out to Tybee Island and did some shopping.  I got a couple of magnets.  She got a couple of reversible skirts.  And we managed to get home around noon, plenty of time before the rain started between four and five.  

All in all, a good day was had.  And we rescheduled St. Augustine.  So I may have a shot at that shiny new magnet after all - if the weather decides to cooperate...

No comments:

Post a Comment